Cooking Pasta for a Crowd with Recipes
Cooking pasta for a crowd is the most economical and the easiest
means to feed a large gathering. Many groups and organizations serve
pasta dinners for fundraiser events because of these reasons. Pasta
ideas are well received by communities for their delicious flavor and a
change to socialize with their neighbors; and with this, much money can
be raised for worthwhile charities.
you are having another type of event, you might feel that cooking pasta
for a crowd is not suitable as the entrée. In this case don’t forget
that pasta also acts as a great filler in many recipes. All types of
pasta can be added to hot and cold dishes to make delicious meal
extenders at a nominal cost. The following are some pasta ideas when
cooking pasta for a crowd.
FOR HOT DISHES add with freshly cooked and drained hot pasta.
fresh minced garlic in olive oil, add chopped sun dried tomatoes,
sliced black olives. Toss with pasta; add black pepper and crumbled goat
- Sautee scallions in butter; blend in sour cream
and cottage cheese. Add crumbled cooked bacon and poppy seeds. Blend in
with cooked pasta.
- Small chopped chicken breast cooked in butter, toss with pasta and add grated Parmesan cheese and peas. Toss to blend.
chicken livers and onions in butter. Add sherry, crumbled cooked bacon,
diced red bell pepper and minced parsley. Toss with pasta.
- Sauté fresh asparagus pieces and slivered prosciutto in butter. Add grated Parmesan cheese and heavy cream. Serve with pasta.
- Heat heavy cream. Add gorgonzola cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Toss pasta with butter and add sauce.
- Heat slivered salmon in butter. Add brandy and pepper. Add heavy cream, nutmeg and Parmesan cheese. Toss with pasta.
walnuts, pine nuts, marjoram in olive oil. Add heavy cream, grated
Parmesan cheese, black pepper and salt. Blend into hot butter tossed
- Add grated gruyere, Parmesan, Fontina cheeses in melted butter. Add salt and pepper and stir into cooked pasta.
minced onion and garlic in olive oil; stir in tomato paste and season
with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in ricotta cheese; toss
with buttered pasta.
- Sautee minced garlic in olive oil. Add crumbled goat cheese, fresh chopped basil and pepper. Toss with pasta.
- Combine black olives, Feta cheese, scallions, chopped tomatoes in olive oil; season with black pepper. Toss with pasta.
- Sautee shallots, mushrooms and pine nuts in butter; add heavy cream and brandy. Toss with pasta.
- Sautee spinach and minced garlic in olive oil; add fresh squeezed lemon and toss with hot pasta.
- Sautee shrimp, pesto sauce, heavy cream; toss with fresh spinach, pasta and Parmesan.
When cooking pasta for a crowd try some COLD FILLER DISHES. Cook and drain pasta, rinse in cold water and drain again. Toss with a little olive oil and let cool.
- Combine small cuts of fresh carrots, fresh zucchini, blanched
broccoli, sesame oil, lemon juice, small amount of sugar and chopped
peanuts. Toss with cold pasta.
- Combine chopped fresh tomatoes, chopped fresh basil, chopped fresh Mozzarella cheese and olive oil. Toss with cold pasta.
- Combine cubes of fresh tomatoes and cubes of avocado in olive oil and a little balsamic vinegar.
fresh garlic in vegetable oil and a little vinegar; add dry mustard and
Parmesan cheese. Toss with cold pasta and refrigerate.
- Pesto sauce is good alone with cooked pasta, either hot or cold. If serving cold chop in some fresh tomatoes.
- Toss in with cooked cold pasta some canned tuna, sliced black olives, sliced green olives and vinaigrette dressing.
spinach in olive oil with fresh minced garlic, roasted red peppers and
parmesan cheese. Let cool before tossing with cold pasta.
- Combine and sauté a few minutes stir fry vegetables in sesame oil and a little soy sauce. Let cool and toss with cold pasta.
TUNA CASSEROLE (Cooking pasta for a crowd recipe)
- 3 Gallons of water
- 3 Tablespoons salt
- 3 Pounds egg noodles
- 3 Quarts cream of mushroom soup
- 2 Quarts whole milk
- 7 Pounds canned tuna
- 1 Pound dry bread crumbs
- 1 Pound melted butter
- 1 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Bring water to a boil and add salt; Drop noodles into boiling water.
Cook noodles until tender; drain, place in large pan and toss noodles with half of melted butter.
Combine soup and milk in a large bowl until blended.
Drain tuna well and break into little pieces in the mushroom mixture.
Combine tuna and mushroom mixture with buttered noodles and mix well.
Divide mixture in half and place in two 12 X 20 X 2 inch pans.
Mix bread crumbs, remaining melted butter and paprika to make topping.
Spread topping evenly on the two casseroles and bake at 350F degrees for about 45 minutes.
Makes about 50 servings.
CHICKEN CASSEROLE FOR A CROWD (Serves 20 if cooking pasta for a crowd)
- 10 Boneless chicken breasts
- 48 Ounces spaghetti (break spaghetti sticks in 3 pieces)
- 2 Cups finely chopped onions
- 2 Cups finely chopped celery
- 2 Large finely chopped green bell peppers
- 2 Cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 Cup butter
- ½ Cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 Ounces cheese spread
- 16 Ounces jalapeno cheese spread
- 2 Small jars diced pimento
- 8 Cups milk
- 1 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese for topping
Boil chicken until tender, remove chicken from bones, cool and dice; save broth.
Add enough water to broth to cook spaghetti; when tender drain and toss with butter.
onion, celery, green peppers and mushrooms in 1 cup butter until
tender; add flour salt and pepper stirring until flour disappears.
Add cheese spreads and pimentos and stir until cheese melts; add milk and stir until blended.
Add chicken and spaghetti; divide into 2 baking pans; top with shredded cheese.
Cover and bake 1 hour at 350F degrees.
MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE (If cooking pasta for a crowd serves 10)
- 1 Package macaroni and cheese
- ½ Cup sliced celery
- ¼ Cup chopped onion
- 1 Can tomato paste
- ½ Cup water
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Pound ground beef
- ¼ Cup chopped pepper, hot or sweet
- 1 Can whole kernel corn
- Black pepper
Prepare macaroni and cheese as directed on package.
Brown meat with pepper, celery, onion, and cook until tender.
Add corn, tomato paste, water, salt and pepper.
Combine meat mixture with macaroni and cheese; mix well and bake 20 minutes at 350F degrees.
More Delicious Crowd Size Recipes
Go to Painless Cooking Home Page from Cooking Pasta for a Crowd